Technology developments in 2020 come with unfathomable creativity and complex networking, building on companies’ social obligation to respect the ethical norms of customer data infringement. It implies more sophisticated customer loyalty and increased industry.
During the covid-19 pandemic and beyond, technologies keeps playing a crucial role in keeping our society functional in a time of lockdowns and quarantines.
Every year brings arbitrary points in time, but they present an opportunity to look at where we have come and traverse where we might be going, especially because we are now pretty much “perma-connected”
Here are some of the technologies used to dominate the IT industry in 2020.
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial intelligence is one of the most transformative technological advancements of the moment. Companies have begun to explore how they can use AI to boost their customer satisfaction and optimize their business activities.
- Biometrics: Protection has been strengthened by making it possible for people and devices to authenticate and travel across the world effortlessly.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): NLP is an AI field that enables computers to interpret and evaluate human language. Speech-to-text translates human language to programming language. Text-to-Speech transforms a machine operation to an audible response.
- Quantum Computing: Quantum computing affects our ability to process and interpret big data. It’s the secret to machine learning and the strength of AI.
- Personalized and Predictive Machine: Technology is changing healthcare at an unparalleled pace. Our ability to collect data from wearable devices, such as smartwatches, allows us the ability to anticipate and manage people’s health problems more and more before they develop symptoms.
- Robotics: Robotics moves from industrial usage to service delivery, affecting both home and company, both physically and virtually.
- Computer Vision: This technology helps your Smartphone camera to identify whatever part of the image it captures is a face and power technology like Google Image Search. We have also seen computer vision software and technologies roll out for an ever-increasing number of uses. Computer vision also allows facial recognition, which we learn a lot about in 2020.
- Extended Reality: This technology has been around for a few years now but has mainly been limited to the gaming world, offering the latest video games and mobile features, such as camera filters. In 2020, all of these developments have shifted as companies come to terms with the abundance of exciting opportunities presented by Extended Reality.
Technology is constantly updating at such a rapid pace that it seems it might be faster than light! A technology or a programming language making rounds this week may be obsolete by the next few days. As more funds are invested in research and development, computer scientists and professionals are constantly tweaking and improving existing technologies to get the most out of them.